Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to Lumina Jewelry! A little about myself and about Lumina handmade jewelry....

I learned about elegance from my mother, and that is what I strive for in my surroundings and all my endeavors. My mother had a beautiful collection of jewels from classic George Jensen to pearls by Cartier, and she shared her love of precious objects with my daughter. It was through my daughter that I began to design and craft jewelry. As she learned ancient techniques of metalsmithing, she taught me how to wire-wrap. I discovered a talent and strong affinity for the finely detailed work.

Design, workmanship, and value - these are the qualities that I measure when I shop for myself and when I make jewelry for others. I have little tolerance for shoddy workmanship and over-priced goods. My favorite designs are simple, classic, and elegant. Those who most appreciate my work are those who want understated jewels in luscious colors that look extravagant but are modest in cost.

I currently sell my jewelry on Etsy. Here are my shop link:


You may contact me at LuminaJewelry (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Blogs are new for me, but I can see how easy it would be to spend a lot of time in the blogging world. I plan to write a bit about the elements of jewelry- materials, design, care, and will probably move farther afield.... we'll see what evolves!

No comments:

Post a Comment